1.28.2018

3rd time's the charm?

Do you ever stop to think about how time gets away from you? Am I the only one who has grand plans to do... whatever amazingly brilliant thing I've decided will grace my life with greater meaning... but somehow never seems to see it come to fruition?

It's a little disheartening to realize that it's been around two and a half years since the decision to recharge this blog stalled out after one pitiful stutter of a post. You might wonder why I would even consider another go after posting such a sad blogging history to my credit thus far. What would be so different this time around? Well, for the last, I like to think a few things would be different and I'm sure if these posts move along like I hope, all will eventually be revealed.

As for the why, the here and now is a perfect opportunity... both to revisit my original purpose and examine my current motivations for pursuing this path yet again. Why do I feel a calling to come back to this virtual place, to this one tiny little blog that will, for most, never be raised to their awareness out of the obscurity provided by the mere existence of so many millions more?

I went back and looked at my very first post and found it interesting to read that my reasoning back then was so similar to the ideas I haven't been able to shake for the last week. Maybe you aren't surprised when I say that but, truthfully, I am. Perhaps it's because I've always had an atrocious memory and didn't expect that I would have been on a similar thought train over 6 years ago when I honestly feel so different in many significant ways today. Regardless, here's a head to head comparison...

Then
To help others and, in so doing, to help myself through discussions around:
1. food – What’s good, what’s bad, what’s hot, what’s fad
2. fitness
3. faith – to grow faith, to dispel misconceptions, clarify misunderstandings, and to encourage one another.
4. femininity – avoiding the pitfall of being my own worst enemy by talking about expectations, both realistic and unrealistic, from faith, family, community, society, and anyone or anything else that makes a comment on what we as women should or shouldn’t do or be.

VS

Now
To continually learn about and define what the following mean to me:
1. Physical health and wellness
2. Mental health and wellness
3. Emotional health and wellness
4. Spiritual health and wellness
5. Financial health and wellness
To use this blog as a forum of exploration while weaving through every post, and any conversations that they might inspire, a desire to evaluate, question, and reshape my understanding and beliefs as I see the need. Despite a recent accusation to the contrary from a complete stranger (my interaction with whom I fully anticipate being source material for an upcoming post), I am absolutely aware of how many things I don't know, or don't have experience of, or have limited perspective on.

Too often in the world around us we are inundated by the prevalence of a "you either agree with me or you're the enemy" attitude. It is amazing to me how threatened people become by someone who fails to see the "right" of their way of thinking. If my faith, convictions, opinions, or understanding of things is upset by anyone who doesn't share the same... the problem lies with me.

My plan is to give at least a quick post on each realm page in the near future.. two of which are already written!

I hope that you will come along on this pursuit of health and wellness with me and that along the way we can inspire each other to grow in compassion, generosity of spirit, and respect for all.
Best to you always,
Erika
 
________________________________________________________________________________
 
Thank you so very much for taking the time to stop by my blog! I sincerely hope that you got at least some small measure of food for thought in whatever you read.
Please know that I welcome any words of encouragement, confidence and solidarity you might have, as well as any comments with your questions, your disagreement, your challenging of my heart and mind to consider different perspectives, understand novel beliefs, and dispel ignorance wherever possible.
My only asks are that you are constructive in any criticism, considerate of everyone's right to their own opinion (no matter how mind-boggling their reasoning might seem to you) and courteous in your interactions with myself and any other commenters on this blog.
Intolerance for another's views, abusive language, or descent into personal attacks of any nature will result in comment removal.  

2 comments:

  1. Erika, nice job!! I am so glad you are back & writing! It is an interesting comparison of your 2015 shared thoughts to those of 2018. Isn't it surprising how often our "essence" has not really changed all that much in the grand scheme of things. I look forward to your future definition of self as you share your outline of perspective and change. I continue to be in the quest of finding "Lark" - If you feel like a quick read (and sometimes a rant) find me at https://inalarksnest.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lark, thank you! I have been flooded lately with both ideas and so many situations of inspiration that I can't seem to hold all of my thoughts in any longer. I spent most of yesterday in writing mode. It's amazing how therapeutic I find the process of examining and ordering my thoughts in such an intentional way. I have at least 3 near completion posts and significant starts with titles/definitions/thought jottings on another 5 or 6. In the past when I was working it was a one main idea at a time kind of thing. I'm feeling pretty good about the very different feel to my drive this time.
      And your words are so true for me, too. I'm always trying to know who I am and what I think and how I feel (and why) better. It's a lifelong pursuit if we continually seek to be the best versions of ourselves.
      I will be heading over to your blog to bookmark so I can get to reading as soon as there is a break in this mountain of charting.
      I miss you and hope you are well <3

      Delete