1.30.2018

Physical H&W Page Intro



This page will follow posts relating to the pursuit of physical health and wellness both internal and external. Exercise, dietary patterns versus "diets", healthy recipes, supplements, discussions regarding surgery, natural remedies... all are just the tip of the idea iceberg. I would love to know which of these (or anything else!) you'd be interested in talking about.


As I will be hours away from completing my first Whole January when this post drops, I'm leaning toward a discussion on Whole30, what my experiences have been, and what plans I have for transitioning smoothly into life after the 30 days.

Till then, I'd love to share some of the quotes that resonated with me this afternoon regarding taking care of one's body as well as one of the most iconic art representations of strong women in the past...



See the source image


"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
-Socrates 469-399 BC

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
-Jim Rohn

"To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear."
-Buddha

"Our thinking absolutely affects the physical body."
-Cheryl Richardson

________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you so very much for taking the time to stop by my blog! I sincerely hope that you got at least some small measure of food for thought in whatever you read.
Please know that I welcome any words of encouragement, confidence and solidarity you might have, as well as any comments with your questions, your disagreement, your challenging of my heart and mind to consider different perspectives, understand novel beliefs, and dispel ignorance wherever possible.

My only asks are that you are constructive in any criticism, considerate of everyone's right to their own opinion (no matter how mind-boggling their reasoning might seem to you) and courteous in your interactions with myself and any other commenters on this blog.

Intolerance for another's views, abusive language, or descent into personal attacks of any nature will result in comment removal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment